Are you a home stager, designer or relator that’s in a busy season of installs and you’re wanting to work as effectively as possible? We have you covered! Here’s our top ten list of our favorite tools that keep us moving on an install day.
1) Storage Bags: VENO Over-Sized Clear Organizer Storage Bag W/ Strong Handles and Zippers
When packing for an install, we fill them with pillows, lampshades, bedding and small artwork (artwork is wrapped first in paper or something protective). It keeps dust and hands off of the items so that they remain in good condition! These bags hold more and are more durable than the ones we were purchasing from Ikea, they are a few dollars more but are worth it!
Amazon link to purchase: https://amzn.to/3vVquqD
2) Clear Storage Bins: Sterilite 14469606 18 Gallon Latch and Carry Storage Tote Box Container, True Blue Lid and Clear Base with Blue Aquarium Latches (6 Pack)
Great for packing décor and accessories, small artwork and even lamps. We wrap our décor and accessories in paper and then load them into our bins. The bins fit into trunks easily and we label each bin based on the room we’ve packed from using our FrogTape and Sharpie. “Master” “Kitchen” “Living Room” etc. (see more about this below)
Amazon link to purchase: https://amzn.to/3wfpVrT
3) Moving Blankets: WEN 272406 72-Inch by 40-Inch Heavy Duty Padded Moving Blankets, 6-Pack
These are critical to protecting furniture, artwork, lamps, mirrors and everything in between. You can never have too many of these!
Amazon link to purchase: https://amzn.to/3rwt6rH
There are also textile blankets available on Amazon for a little less than the quilted:
Amazon link to purchase: https://amzn.to/3fxSQlb
4) Tool Kit: 135 Piece Household Tool Kit Pink with Pivoting Dual-Angle 3.6 V Lithium-Ion Cordless Screwdriver – DT0773N1
Measuring tape, leveler, hammer are our three most used tools. The tools are handy for hanging artwork or mirrors and the measuring tape is used to help center items (like rugs, tables, art) in a room. Don’t forget: when including tools, also have a box or two of nails in different sizes, shapes, with or without hooks, it gives you options when hanging artwork.
Amazon link to purchase: https://amzn.to/3m41HMF
5) Steamer: Rowenta DG8624U1 Perfect Pro Station 1800 Watts Fast Heat Up, and 430g / min Steam Burst, Advanced Technology, Blue
Steamers are great for getting wrinkles out of bedding, pillows and even rugs. Steamers are an investment and worth every penny! Our favorite steamer heats up quickly and steams beautifully! Pair this with Downy Wrinkle Release for your pillows, blankets and bedding.
Amazon link to purchase: https://amzn.to/3sE3GcP
6) FrogTape: FROGTAPE 1358463 Multi-Surface Painter’s Tape with PAINTBLOCK, Medium Adhesion, 0.94″ Wide x 60 Yards Long, Green
We use FrogTape to earmark items that are prepped for a stage-it sticks to artwork, furniture, décor. It doesn’t damage or leave marks on pieces. When we have multiple stages, we use a sharpie to write the first two letters of the address on our pieces. And, if we are refinishing artwork, furniture or mirrors or décor, we use FrogTape to paint clean lines. We keep about five of these on hand!
Amazon link to purchase: https://amzn.to/2P5eWQT
7) Black Sharpie(s) Sharpie Permanent Markers, Fine Point, Black Ink (4-Pack)
You can never have too many Sharpies. We use these to earmark homes for stages, earmark furniture that needs to be repaired, mark bags with the frog tape (Master, King Bedding, etc.), lamps and so much more. Sharpies are also a great tool for repairing black furniture if it gets nicked (which does happen).
Amazon link to purchase: https://amzn.to/3mgIqaZ
8) Light Bulbs: LEDVANCE 74765 A19 Efficient 8.5W Soft White 2700K 60W Equivalent LED Light Bulb (24 Pack), 24 Count
Having a pack or two of lightbulbs in soft white comes in handy for any lamps you bring. Lighting is key in homes and we love having plenty of light bulbs for installs and at the warehouse.
Amazon link to purchase: https://amzn.to/31BuEWw
9) Stain Sticks & Crayons: Ram-Pro Furniture Markers Touch Up Repair System – 12Pc Scratch Restore Kit – 6 Felt Tip Wood Markers, 6 Wax Stick Crayons | Colors: Maple, Oak, Cherry, Walnut, Mahogany, Black
These are great for furniture that get scratches or nicks on it. It is also an awesome tool for wood floors that have scratches.
Amazon link to purchase: https://amzn.to/3dpaAfT
10) Old English: Set of Two (2) Old English 8 Ounce Dark Wood Furniture Polish And Scratch Cover
We utilize Old English to polish and add shine to our wood furniture-especially dining tables, console tables, end tables and coffee tables. We use an old rag and put a few drops of Old English on the rag. Then rub the furniture and it looks like a brand new piece!
Amazon link to purchase: https://amzn.to/31v6w8h
We hope you found this helpful of our favorite tools to use at installs. We also carry cleaning supplies with us on install day which we will cover in another post soon!